What is ChatGPT’s new Code Interpreter?
Code Interpreter is the most awaited feature of ChatGPT, and it opens up so many possibilities. Unlock the power of ChatGPT’s new Code Interpreter and revolutionize your coding experience! Although the name states as Code Interpreter, it’s not only meant for programmers, each and everyone can make use of it. But, If you’re a developer or an aspiring coder, you’re in for a treat. After ChatGPT Plugins, people have been eagerly waiting for Code Interpreter, which one can access through ChatGPT plus subscription.
There are a lot of limitations to ChatGPT. You can’t upload or download anything as a reference point, we can’t make charts, and you can’t run code directly from the interface. Well, you can do all of these things with Code Interpreter.
Few of the things we can do with the Interpreter are:
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Generate Games
- Detect Objects
1. Data Analysis
Since Code Interpreter supports file uploads, which practically means, we can submit raw unformatted data and ask AI to give insights and even sort them accordingly.
To give an example: An unstructured dataset of fireworks injuries in 2019 and 2020 was copied and pasted into the chatbot by professor Ethan Mollick at University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.Code Interpreter formatted the data into an organized database and concluded that there had been a “significant increase” in firework injuries.
It is also possible to upload spreadsheets with hundreds of rows of data in CSV, XSLT, and JSON formats.
2. Data Visualization
Data visualization is the graphical representation of data. It is the process of transforming data into a visual format that makes it easier to understand and interpret. Data visualization can be used to communicate complex ideas in a simple and easy-to-understand way.
There are different types of data visualization, such as:
- Charts and graphs
- Interactive visualizations
According to Alex Ker, founder of an AI incubator, in just five minutes, code Interpreter made multiple line graphs that displayed Tesla’s closing prices over five years.
Also read on Google’s new policy on NFT
4. Generate games
By using Code Interpreter, ChatGPT users can build games from scratch with creativity and careful attention to prompts. In just seven minutes, Ker, the founder of an AI tools incubator, recreated Flappy Bird, a popular smartphone game, using the plug-in.
5. Detect, Track, and Count Objects
The task of detecting, tracking, and counting objects is crucial to many computer vision applications. Without access to advanced object detectors, one had to figure out new innovative ways to get the job done. To differentiate the object from the background, we relied on its characteristic color. Code INterpreter has done a phenomenal job in designing a heuristic for clean object detection.
What are some benefits of using the Code Interpreter?
- Improved productivity is one of the key benefits of using ChatGPT’s new CI. With this powerful feature, Users can analyze and visualize their data and get a simplified formatting of raw unstructured data.. developers and programmers can seamlessly write, test, and debug code within the chat interface itself. Gone are the days of constantly switching between different tools or platforms!
- The convenience factor cannot be overstated. In here, you don’t need to leave your current workflow to execute snippets of code or experiment with different programming concepts. It’s all right there at your fingertips.
- Lastly — but certainly not least — having a code interpreter integrated into ChatGPT enhances learning opportunities for beginner programmers. They can receive real-time feedback on their code logic and syntax errors while practicing in a familiar conversational environment.
Also Read on 8 Types of NFTs you should know!
The code interpreter plugin significantly enhances ChatGPT’s capabilities and accelerates computer vision tasks, but there are always chances of getting error or faulty results since it is in the experimental stage. Appropriate data analysis must be set in place for a safe outcome.